[Peace-discuss] Updated: 191 Reps., Including 72 Democrats, Call for Debate & Vote Before War With Syria

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Aug 30 21:03:02 UTC 2013

[includes final list from Lee.]

By my count, at least 191 Members of the House of Representatives,
including 72 Democrats, have done at least one of the following things in
the last few days: 1) signed a
letter<http://lee.house.gov/press-release/congresswoman-lee-pens-syria-letter-white-house-calls-congressional-debate>
initiated
by California Democrat Barbara Lee saying that there must be Congressional
debate and vote before war with Syria; 2) signed a
letter<http://rigell.house.gov/uploadedfiles/8.29.13_letter_to_potus_with_signatories.pdf>
initiated
by Virginia Republican Scott Rigell saying that there must be Congressional
debate and vote before war with Syria; 3) issued a statement calling for a
Congressional debate and vote before war with Syria. I don’t claim that
this count is exhaustive. If you know of other examples, please share them
in the comments. [Update: there are now 60 signers of the Lee letter, not
54 as currently at the link.]

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/29/1234850/-162-Reps-Including-64-Democrats-Call-for-Debate-Vote-Before-War-With-Syria

--
Robert Naiman