[Peace-discuss] [ufpj-activist] We should know better than to bomb Syria; War costs could escalate quickly

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sat Aug 31 23:58:07 UTC 2013

I would guess that if polls in the next days indicate that most Americans oppose bombing/attacking Syria as Obama proposes, then probably the Congress will oppose it also. At least that is my hope. This does not mean that everyone should not bombard Congressional representatives with strong statements of opposition to Obama's bellicosity.

That people like Democratic Sen. Durbin of Illinois, a bellwether politician, appear to refuse to go against the administration, on the other hand, is not a hopeful omen.

--mkb