[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Liberal murder

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 1 00:37:25 UTC 2013

Mike, I was struggling for irony - the subject line meant "liberal" in the sense of expansive, with reference to the fact that Hagel was seen as more liberal in US political terms than other Defense Secretaries.

But do you actually approve of "keeping up pressure — through Special Operations forces and drones — on terrorist groups in Yemen, Somalia and North Africa"? Do you find it "liberal" in any sense? (See, perhaps, Chris Hedges' 'Death of the Liberal Class.')

A world-wide assassination program is murder, whether it's done by Nazis or Americans, Republicans or Democrats.  --CGE