[Peace-discuss] AWARE - Sat's demo (& flyer, for re-view) and Sunday's meeting at White Horse

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 22:15:28 UTC 2013

David, thanks for this.   I'd worked on this one, and struggled to bring
enough facets together to suggest how the cycle of interventions (a)
sustains itself and (b) fails to live up to the humanitarian goals used
to sell them ("our military saves lives") while (c) keeping enough
supporting text to back up its own arguments better than a bunch of
bumper stickers would, to make it harder to dismiss what we're saying as
just coming from a bunch of cranks.

Maybe this is too much to ask of a 2-page flyer?   Do you see pieces it
would have been better to leave out of this one, to make more room for
the rest and for eye-leading white space?

I do like the question-and-answer form, especially if we can answer
questions that people are actually tempted to raise, as with the recent
article about use of drones.

I don't mean this to sound snarky - I'd really like for our flyers to be
eye-catching enough that casual readers will want to read through them.