[Peace-discuss] John Brennan HEARING - HOW CAN WE HELP? (from Code Pink / UFPJ)

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 5 17:26:27 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ufpj-activist] John Brennan HEARING - HOW CAN WE HELP?
Date: 	Mon, 4 Feb 2013 21:30:38 -0500
From: 	Sally Weiss & Carl Moos <cjmoos at crocker.com>
To: 	<ufpj-afghanistan at lists.mayfirst.org>,
<ufpj-activist at lists.mayfirst.org>

**
*The hearing on John Brennan's nomination to head the CIA begins this
Thurs, Feb 7 at 2:30.  We know there will be spirited opposition led by
Code Pink inside the hearing room.*
**
*How can we help?*
**
*Let's call in to Sen. Diane Feinstein's office. 202-224-3841*
**
*First of all, speak up & defend the protesters.  Ask that they NOT
BE ARRESTED after they are removed from the room.   The Chair of a
Committee has that discretion.*
**
*Second, of course,  is speaking up in opposition to John Brennan --
based on his record.  He serves now as Obama's Counterterrorism Chief --
so that Kill List is in Brennan's hands. The expansion of the Killer
Drone program is his. People in Pakistan, Yemen, are living with terror
from Drones constantly in their skies. How many civilians are killed in
Drone attacks? Sen. Ron Wyden, also on the Intelligence Committee, is
denied seeing the Justice Dept. memos written to make drone
assassinations "legal".  We the People are not being told the truth.*
**
*But we can RAISE OUR VOICES.  The Brennan Hearings will be on C-Span
starting at 2:30 this Thursday.  Listen in with friends, if you can.
When you see a protester hauled out,  make a phone call to 202-224-3841
against the arrest of that person.  Send alerts out widely via Social
Media. Call starting tomorrow to show you know John Brennan's record &
you oppose him as part of our government, as head of the CIA.  Call your
own Senators,  who will be asked to vote on his nomination.    -- Sally
Weiss*
*Senate Intelligence Committee -  Here is a list of all the members.
All members can be reached through*
* the Capitol Swithboard at 202-224-3121.*

113th Congress (2013-2014)
Democrats
	Republicans
	Dianne Feinstein, <http://feinstein.senate.gov/>