[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Anti-war candidates gone wrong

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sat Feb 9 23:26:33 UTC 2013

The point is that Obama has done all that Nixon did, and far more, to be driven from office.

Despite Obama's greater propaganda skills, we're beginning to hear quite appropriate calls for his impeachment.

E.g.,"...Veterans For Peace [is] a non-profit organization of American veterans dedicated to abolishing war as an instrument of national policy. Last September at their national convention in Portland, the VFP membership passed a resolution by majority vote calling for the organization to officially call for the impeachment of Obama for war crimes. The resolution was closely modeled on a previous VFP call for the impeachment of Bush, outlining the case against Obama from his unconstitutional unauthorized war in Libya to the ongoing war crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia, concluding:

"'Therefore Be It Resolved that Veterans For Peace call on the U.S. House of Representatives to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against President Barack H. Obama for failure to uphold his sworn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies foreign and domestic, and for his commission of war crimes, crimes against humanity, obstruction of justice and the violation of numerous national and international laws, treaties and conventions.'"

--CGE

[P.S. - The subsidiary point, apparently necessary for those who came in late, is that both Nixon and Obama were elected as anti-war candidates - opponents of the previous administration's war - in 1968 and 2008, respectively. Of course both immediately betrayed their anti-war constituencies, once in office.]