[Peace-discuss] Organize! - Carolyn Raffensperger on Justice

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 18:53:50 UTC 2013

(removing peace at anti-war.net from the Cc list - others please do so, too.)

The admirable Carolyn Raffensperger, environmentalist and lawyer, writes
about justice -

    [...] Serving as a juror (along with a dream about all the animals
of the world) made me decide to become a lawyer. The realm of Justice is
my land, my quest, my journey. The vast difference between the Zimmerman
court room and Justice is a travesty. We have a body of law in this
country that prevents justice. I am on fire.

someone asks, with respect to the Zimmerman case, "Would you say the
verdict was technically correct but morally reprehensible?"

and Raffensperger responds:

*A technically correct verdict that is morally reprehensible is not
correct in any Just sense. I do not believe in technically correct
verdicts that destroy the fabric of justice.*