[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Cornel West: Obama’s Response to Trayvon Martin Case...

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Jul 24 23:04:36 UTC 2013

The whole Democracy Now! episode will be repeated on UPTV in the News from Neptune slot this week (7pm Friday <urbanapublictelevision.org>).

West has taken a lot of criticism for his keynote assertion, "...Obama is a global George Zimmerman, because he tries to rationalize the killing of innocent children, 221 so far, in the name of self-defense..."

The history of the proposed film of Zinn's People's History is as I understand it complex. For a long time the the actor and producer Matt Damon (Zinn's friend and neighbor) was working on that and related projects, one of which was the documentary "The People Speak" (2009).

--CGE