[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] 4th of July - AWARE float (or sink?)

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Jun 16 23:38:50 UTC 2013

I was asked on the airplane flying home from Dalian last night,
"Why does the American Government waste so much of the
people's money on fighting so many wars?"

I generally answer such questions by explaining how
that the US war policy benefits the elite who make
zillions off of running the militaryindustrialcomplex
and gives the elite power over people in remote places,
etc., etc.

Last night I answered by explaining that Americans really
want to be ruled by a King.  The US had its roots in England.
England has Kings, why cant the US have Kings?
England has a Queen.  Why can't the US have Kings and Queens
to rule over them and start wars?  The US people
view their president as a King and they want him to
have the King-like power to do King-y stuff like
start wars.

*

Obviously the insistence on blaming Obama is simple
lese majeste.  Railing against the King is tantamount to
Tea Party rhetoric, and we shan't have any of that.