[Peace-discuss] Campaign update

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 16:57:50 UTC 2013

Below is an update on my campaign:
Petitioning: the
required number is 733, to be turned in on November 25th, 3 weeks
from tomorrow. So far we have at least 800. Thanks to those who have helped
collect them. My goal is at least 1,000. I will keep going for the next couple
of weeks, and you are welcome to as well; but if you’re done, please think
about having them notarized at the Urbana Free Library or at a notary of your
choice, and sending them to either me (address on petition) or Durl Kruse, who
will be helping me to get our application in order.
Thanks to all who have helped to collect signatures, and to
those who have signed.
I had another great week collecting signatures in downtown
Champaign, door-to-door in Champaign, at the Co-op/Farmers’ Market in Urbana,
and at the Red Herring dinner on Wednesday; lots of interesting conversations.
Fundraising: I
have collected a little more than $2,000, and have spent a little more than
$2,100. Our “1000 for $10” goal has been extended to 12/31. If you’ve given,
thanks for helping me to establish a good foundation for the campaign. If you
haven’t, please consider a small contribution. In any event, if you like my campaign, please consider liking me on my campaign Facebook page.
Materials:
Campaign funds have been spent on a web designer (the great Laura de Graaff)
and web hosting services, as well as the other products that she has designed:
yard signs, magnetic bumper stickers, business cards, fliers, and a cool banner
that has so far not been put to good enough use. Please let me know if you’d
like a sign and/or sticker, and I’ll arrange to get it/them to you.
Upcoming Events: There
will be a house party with some of our friends in Bloomington-Normal next Sunday,
November 10th; if you have any friends in B-N who may not already
know of this event, please refer them to me. I will also be speaking at a union
event in B-N the following Thursday.
Future Events:
Beyond November, I will need to make contacts with possible supporters in
Decatur, Springfield, Edwardsville, and elsewhere in the district. Please let
me know if you have anyone to suggest. I hope to have a busy speaking schedule
around the district for four weeks in February and the two weeks in March,
prior to the election on the 18th. I will need help in developing a
schedule, and hope to be able to pay someone to do so.
Conclusion: Once
again, it will take about 15,000 votes to win this primary election out of
500,000 people of voting age in this district. It is likely that my two
opponents will share the votes of the Democratic Party corporate establishment
and its supporters.
I will not have anywhere near the money that my opponents
have, but I will have the enthusiasm that honesty and truth lend to a campaign
such as this, especially during such difficult times. All I need is the
opportunity to make personal contact with as many people as possible, and to
have my views accurately represented in the media—mainstream, alternative, and
social.
Best regards,
David
www.davidgreenforcongress.com