[Peace-discuss] Campaign update

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 18:03:52 UTC 2013

Friends,
Tomorrow I will submit
my application in Springfield for candidacy for the U.S. House of
Representatives, Illinois 13thDistrict, Democratic Party primary.
The election is March 18th, 2014. My application will be supported
by petitions containing over 1,000 signatures from you and our fellow citizens
in the district, comfortably exceeding the requirement of 733. If you had a
chance to sign, thanks for doing so. If you also collected signatures, added
and heartfelt thanks.
My campaign has also
benefitted from about $2,600 in contributions from about 50 individuals, with a
current balance of about $400. This money has been efficiently spent on both my websiteand materials, all
of which are available to you—yard signs, magnetic bumper stickers, and
business cards. My goal is to raise an equal or higher amount in the coming
months in order to pay for assistance with scheduling and travel expenses.
Especially important
are referrals to like-minded individuals and organizations around this large
district—including Springfield, Edwardsville, and Decatur.
My interactions with
hundreds of individuals over the past three months have only reinforced my
belief in the need for a campaign such as this. My message will continue to be
that of an insurgent campaign within the Democratic Party, representing its
“base”—those expected without individual or collective benefit to vote for its
prescribed candidates, including my two main opponents.
Thanks again for your
interest and support.
Best regards,
David