[Peace-discuss] Hmm. Should we do shouts-out for conscientious objectors, or peace workers?

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 15:20:03 UTC 2013

Today is Veterans' Day - originally Armistice Day, celebrating not
war-making, but the peace at the end of the first World War.

The following went out this weekend to all U of Illinois Faculty and
Staff, along with other announcements:

>       Military shout-outs for football game Saturday
>       <http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100913aaa.html>
>

> We will honor our military at the football game Saturday (Nov. 16). If
> you know someone in the military, have them send a video or picture to
> show at the game. They should videotape their shout-out, load to
> YouTube and complete the form at
> http://www.fightingillini.com/shoutout. Pictures can be sent to
> DIAMarketing at illinois.edu. Both video and picture submissions are due
> noon Thursday (Nov. 14).
>
> Jennifer E Larson <mailto:jelarsn1 at illinois.edu> . Intercollegiate
> Athletics

I'm wondering how we should respond.    With shout-outs for
conscientious objectors?   Merlin, Conrad, everybody, what do you think
of trying this?