[Peace-discuss] Petitions for my candidacy for Congress

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 23:16:48 UTC 2013

This Saturday morning from 10 to 11 I will be distributing
petitions for my candidacy for the Democratic Party Primary in the Illinois 13thCongressional District.
Distribution will be at the Expresso Royale café, on Neil just north of Kirby. Very easy parking and access.
Let me know if you would like to pick up a clipboard at that
time, so I can have enough ready.
I am asking for however much or little help you can give me
in collecting about 1000 signatures to qualify me to run in the Democratic
Party primary for Congress. I hope to collect several hundred on my own. The
official requirement is for 733.
Signatures will have to be submitted in Springfield on
November 24th. I would like to get this done by the end of October.
Signed petitions will have to be mailed or delivered to the address
on each petition (my home); or I can pick them up at your convenience.
Option #1: If you are willing to walk around your block or
neighborhood, you can pick up a clipboard with petitions and brochures on
Saturday morning (9/14) from 10 to 11 at the Expresso Royale on Neil just north
of Kirby. Parking is freely available, and I will be right inside. Just let me
know whether to expect you.
Option #2: If you can’t make Option 1, I will bring the
clipboard to your residence at your convenience.
Option #3: If you would like to just collect a few
signatures, including your own, in the privacy of your own home over the next
couple of months, then I can e-mail you a petition with the necessary
information filled in, and you can print out as many copies as you need. Just
email me and let me know.
Or, I can bring a petition to your residence.
Even if you print out one petition and put one signature on
it and mail it back to me, it would help.
Important Fact #1: In order to collect signatures, you have
to be a citizen of the United States and over the age of 18. No other
restrictions apply.
Important Fact #2: Those signing a petition must be
registered voters in the Illinois 13thCongressional District; they
do not have to be official members of any party.
Important Fact #3: Those signing petitions can only sign
petitions for candidates in one party. For example, one can sign a petition for
all three Democratic Party candidates. However, if it is discovered that
somebody has signed a petition for both a Democratic and Republican candidate,
both signatures will be invalidated if this is discovered.
Important Fact #4: The person collecting signatures must
witness all signatures. That person must complete the information at the bottom
of the form.
I appreciate your help, and respect the limitations on your
valuable time, the value of which according to Karl Marx people weren’t the
least bit aware of until we all became wage slaves.