[Peace-discuss] Why I oppose the immigration bill

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 15 18:36:36 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Do you have firm positions on the problems of immigration? What does George Gollin support?

It seems to me that the greatest (progressive) advocates of immigration reform are for it, whatever that means, because they wish to protect illegals from being persecuted/prosecuted once here. The article below doesn't address this issue. I think that the problems of illegals ("undocumented" is the euphemistic term) are never confronted honestly. Without open borders, there will be laws to enforce illegal entry into the country, and such laws will have to be enforced. How to enforce them is never a problem honestly addressed by liberal/progressive advocates of "reform". And then there are the issues of legitimizing (or not) the 11 million souls already illegally present in the country. Not easy issues to confront.

--Mort