[Peace-discuss] Why I oppose the immigration bill

ewj at pigsqq.org ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Sep 15 21:58:24 UTC 2013

Illegals form a significant part of the work force.
Documenting them and legitimizing them means that they and their employers
will have to pay all the myriad taxes and fees that are charged for registered workers
in the USA.

They'll have to file income tax, and be subject to conscription should it occur again.

Most of these illegals are working in industries that have something to do with food production
and food service.   Some  of those industries are unable to pass their cost of doing business
to their customers and will be harmed by the registration of illegals.

I am not saying bad or good, only giving the analysis and saying
why the illlegals are in the us.

It will then be argued that they are taking jobs from Real Americans
and they are working outside the system and doing harm to it.

There is always the danger of raids and capricious enforcement which gives power to some.

The humorous counter argument is that those real americans will have to mop their
own floors, haul their own trash, and pick their own apples or else pay a lot more for it.

Those who have the most to lose are in control of the political system in the USA.

That's why it aint fixed.