[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Academic Freedom Conference ... speakers flying/ driving / Skypeing in from around the country/world.

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 25 23:56:56 EDT 2014

Ah, that takes me back. When I was a callow youth and someone would mention the gulags, orthodox CP (not Counterpunch) friends would reply in a rush, "What-about-the-Negroes-in-the-South?!"

It's proof of the moral and political bankruptcy of the defenders of the State of Israel that they're reduced to 'tu quoque' arguments. They've refined it to 'Why-single-out-Israel?"

I suppose we're fortunate the Nazis didn't think of that. Or maybe people would immediately realize how ridiculous "Why single out Germany?" would have sounded.

--CGE

Sent from my iPhone