[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Academic Freedom Conference ... speakers flying/ driving / Skypeing in from around the country/world.

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 01:17:56 EDT 2014

Carl,

Your diversion is NOT MY note.  In ADDITION to Israel, do address
apartheid ALSO in those other countries -- if AWARE is is not about
you and your memories, if AWARE is about apartheid.  Is it?  And try
to become also accurate rather than just supporting bigots.

Palestinians Arabs in Israel and Israelis equally share the same bus,
hospital, school, university system.  Palestinian Arabs are allowed to
purchase apartments in Israel. Omar Barghouti, founder of BDS is a
student at the University of Tel Aviv, using its resources to
propagate BDS.

What exactly are YOU calling apartheid in Israel? aren't you confusing
something?

Nillofar sent examples to systemic exceptions worth inquiring, and I
shared them with the list.  Let's try, just try, to make AWARE about
accurate human rights issues.

And try to loose your habit of tagging people as 'defenders of Israel'
 or 'Germans' and alike, reducing their opinions.  This tagging seems
an Internet way of sticking stars of David.

Ya'aqov

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Carl G. Estabrook
<galliher at illinois.edu> wrote:
> Ah, that takes me back. When I was a callow youth and someone would mention the gulags, orthodox CP (not Counterpunch) friends would reply in a rush, "What-about-the-Negroes-in-the-South?!"
>
> It's proof of the moral and political bankruptcy of the defenders of the State of Israel that they're reduced to 'tu quoque' arguments. They've refined it to 'Why-single-out-Israel?"
>
> I suppose we're fortunate the Nazis didn't think of that. Or maybe people would immediately realize how ridiculous "Why single out Germany?" would have sounded.
>
> --CGE
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 25, 2014, at 10:13 PM, ya'aQov <yaaqovz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Your own activities, David Johnson, can answer your question.  You
>> have systematically (notes to us,  or on the air)  discriminated
>> against Jews/Zionists/Israelis as the only perpetrators of apartheid
>> in the Middle East.  Yet, you have said nothing about apartheid
>> against
>>
>> copts in Egypt
>> Assyrians in Iraq
>> Women in the the Moslem world
>> LGBT in the Moslem/Arab world
>> Mennonites in Libya
>>
>> Libyans in Libya
>> Syrians in Syria
>>
>> Malaysian (Moslem) foreign workers in Arab Gulf countries
>> Egyptian foreign workers in Jordan
>>
>> Wherever you place yourself, probably in the Left, you did that.  Why
>> didn't you protest those apartheid instances??

ya'aQovziso