[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Invitation to record AWARE ON THE AIR

Karen Medina via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Aug 7 09:29:19 EDT 2014

ya'aQov wrote: "Your explanation of the metaphor  'Israel acts as a
‘stationary aircraft carrier’ for US control of Mideast oil and gas'
stops around the end of the '
70s."

Without Israel as a friend in the area, the United States could not
possibly run wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, fly drones into all the
countries it does.

The mere fact that Israel has nuclear warheads while its neighbors
don't is a result of the US supporting Israel. Their nuclear weapons
mean we have more threat to the region.

"U.S. President Obama's former Secretary of DefenseRobert M. Gates
categorized the relationship between U.S. and Israel with the
following: "I cannot recall a time during my public life when our two
countries have had a closer defense relationship. The U.S. and Israel
are cooperating closely in areas such as missile defense technology,
the Joint Strike Fighter, and in training exercises such as Juniper
Stallion...our bilateral relationship and this dialogue is so critical
because Israel lives at the focal point of some of the biggest
security challenges facing the free world"

Israel is a metaphorical aircraft carrier -- its mere presence is
enough threat to "our enemies" - exactly the way we use real aircraft
carriers to "just float" near the straights.

-karen