[Peace-discuss] Campaign vs. UIUC administration

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Aug 15 14:54:41 EDT 2014

http://coreyrobin.com/2014/08/15/top-legal-scholars-decry-chilling-effect-of-salaita-dehiring/

The UIUC administration has put itself seriously in the wrong in a matter connected with whom the Obama administration is killing.

And racism is involved, in the sense of support for the racist state of Israel (whose policy in the Occupied Territories has recently been described by Chomsky as "much worse than apartheid").

The Anti-War Anti-Racsim Effort would seem to be obliged to concern itself with the local university's support for war and racism.

We at AWARE should think about ways in which we might protest UIUC's actions.

--CGE