[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Stop militarizing the police - from Peace Action

Stuart Levy via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Aug 15 15:25:07 EDT 2014

The national attention to the appalling militarization of police has had
a good effect in Ferguson, MO - at least the beginning of one. Let's go
forward with it here as well.   We don't need to see Champaign County
police grinning atop their new trophy tank. Military hardware should be
turned back into scrap, or better, into needed US infrastructure, not
deployed on streets - neither here nor abroad.