[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Fwd: Stop militarizing the police - from Peace Action

via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Aug 15 15:32:21 EDT 2014

On 15 Aug 2014 at 14:25, Stuart Levy via Peace wrote:

> The national attention to the appalling militarization of police has
> had a good effect in Ferguson, MO - at least the beginning of one.
> Let's go forward with it here as well.   We don't need to see
> Champaign County police grinning atop their new trophy tank. Military
> hardware should be turned back into scrap, or better, into needed US
> infrastructure, not deployed on streets - neither here nor abroad.

	That's a good idea.  I oppose the militarization of police because it undermines a
healthy society.

	This was my response to the Ferguson fiasco; I used it as inspiration for a
counterpoint example in an ongoing series of mine.
http://ysabetwordsmith.dreamwidth.org/9932488.html

	Sincerely,
	Elizabeth Barrette