[Peace-discuss] AAUP on UIUC/Salaita

ewjohnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Aug 29 23:56:18 EDT 2014

What's brown and rhymes with a bell?

It would seem that Ms. Wise has slipped off into some quite deep dung.

But she has the buoyancy of a large segment of the U of I culture behind
her so it's not
the "slam dunk" that it might other-wise seem to be.

The "cultural immune system" of University of Illinois @ U-C has for
quite a little while now
favoured the mealy-mouthed and reticent group-think-ers and has tended
to shun the mover and
and the shaker, and those who have opinions and ambition to express them.

The dumbing-down has been defended as a "maintaining order...".

I recall another dissident, also an alumnus of the U of I as I am,
summarizing what the UIUC had become --
"This place SUCKS!"

As T.S.Geisel did not quite say,
"Un-sucking an institution is not easily done".