[Peace-discuss] handguns

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Sat Jan 4 06:37:54 UTC 2014

I noted in the Gallup organizations data this interesting information
regarding whether or not only police and other authorities should
be allowed to have handguns.

Interestingly in the late 50's most people thought that indeed handguns
should be owned only by police and authorities.  That opinion has
dramatically reversed.

I personally have never owned a handgun but I did at one time own a
couple of shotguns (12 and 16 ga) and
a couple of rifles (a .22 and a 7 mm) when I lived in rural Hamilton
County IL.

I find it very interesting because I think the issue at play is a lack
of trust in authorities and the police.