[Peace-discuss] Hobby Lobby jobby

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Tue Jul 1 09:17:18 EDT 2014

The original sin here is making employers pay for health insurance. The US needs a Medicare-for-all (single-payer) system, like other countries. Remarkably, that's what the court suggests!

"According to the Court’s majority, the federal government should just pay for these services directly. 'The most straightforward way of doing this would be for the Government to assume the cost of providing the four contraceptives at issue to any women who are unable to obtain them under their health-insurance policies due to their employers’ religious objections.' In other words, the five Republican appointees to the Court suggest the government establish a single-payer plan..." [R. Reich]

We should address our Congressional representatives and demand a single-payer system immediately, on the Court's recommendation.   --CGE