[Peace-discuss] Gaza's Ark: All of Gaza burns: Gaza’s Ark as well

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Thu Jul 10 22:32:46 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gaza's Ark <info at gazaark.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Subject: [GazaArk] All of Gaza burns: Gaza’s Ark as well
To: Gaza's Ark <gazaark at lists.riseup.net>

 *Français - Español - Italiano - Português - Deutsch - Dansk - Svenska -
Norsk - ελληνικά - العربية - עברית  : <http://www.gazaark.org/translation/>*
 * http://www.gazaark.org/translation/
<http://www.gazaark.org/translation/> *

*All of Gaza burns: Gaza’s Ark as well *

During an attack on the port of Gaza, the area came under fire from the
Israeli Occupation forces. At about 2:00 am local time Gaza’s Ark caught
fire. The sustained Israeli assault prevented the civil defense fire
brigade from extinguishing the blaze until approximately 3:30 am.  When
daylight comes to Gaza it may be possible to better evaluate the nature of
the damage to the Ark and to nearby fishing boats.

In the context of so many innocent civilian Palestinian deaths, the
destruction of homes, hospitals, schools and other civilian infrastructure,
the material damage to our project pales to insignificance. We are all
thankful there was no loss of life in this particular attack, and we mourn
with you all the senseless destruction and killings of Palestinians by the
ongoing Israeli attacks.

Together with the Freedom Flotilla Coalition, Gaza’s Ark campaign will not
give up. Together with our Palestinian partners we will continue to
challenge the blockade and press for freedom for all Palestinians.

In solidarity;
* Gaza's Ark Steering Committee*