[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] ISIS trained by US reports Examiner, PressTV, Reuters, Der Spiegel

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Jul 19 22:36:09 EDT 2014

"People say that if you don't love America, then get the hell out. Well, I love America. We love the people of America very much, but when it comes to the government, it stops right there. The government is a bunch of corrupt thieves, they are rapists and robbers. And we are here to say that we don't have to take it anymore. We are here to say that we are here to tell the truth; they are killing our brothers in Vietnam! We want them to hear the truth tonight!"

--Ron Kovic to a news camera, outside the 1972 Republican Convention, in the film "Born on the Fourth of July" (1989), directed by Oliver Stone, written by Kovic and Stone, based on Kovic's best selling autobiography of the same name.

The corruption and lies of the Kennedy-Johnson-Nixon war in SE Asia continue to the corruption and lies of the Bush-Obama war in SW Asia. US government policy is consistent - and murderous - across decades and administrations.

The rest of the speech is equally applicable:

"I'm here tonight to say that this war is wrong, that this society lied to me, lied to my brothers. They've deceived the people of this country, tricked them into going 13,000 miles to fight a war against a poor, peasant people who have a proud history of resistance, who have been struggling for their own independence for 1,000 years ... I can't find the words to express, and the leadership of this government sickens me..."