[Peace-discuss] [Peace] FW: The Southern Poverty Law Center on the Holocaust "Revisionist" movement

ewjohnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Jul 26 22:56:07 EDT 2014

I think this should help clear things up:

"In the /New York Herald,/ Nov. 26, 1911, there is an account of the
hanging of three men, for the murder of Sir Edmund Berry Godfrey, on
Greenberry Hill, London.^The names of the murderers were Green, Berry,
and Hill."  - Charles Hoy Fort, "Wild Talents", 1932.

In correspondence to H. Allen Smith in 1932, H. L. Mencken denounced
Charles Fort as a */quack/*.  (quoted in H. A. Smith, "Low Man on a
Totem Pole", 1941).

Accounts of Fort and the Fortean Society generally quote HL Mencken as a
follower of Fort, a thing which Mencken vehemently denies in his
correspondence to Smith (see above), who had included Mencken's name
among other Forteans in an 1932 obituary of CH Fort.

PS:  C.H. Fort did not invent FORTRAN.