[Peace-discuss] could u call Rodney Davis to stop rush to Iraq war?

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Jun 27 16:41:31 EDT 2014

I'm pressing Rodney Davis' staffer right now by email on two questions on
which Davis has not yet taken a position:

Is the President Constitutionally required to come to Congress before using
military force in Iraq, as Republican Senator Rand Paul and Democratic
Senator Tim Kaine have argued?

Noting that when President Obama came to Congress for authorization on
Syria, he never conceded that he was Constitutionally bound to do so, only
that it was the right thing to do: regardless of whether it is
Constitutionally required, should President Obama come to Congress for
authorization before using force in Iraq?

It sure would be great to get some more calls into Davis' office on this.

(202) 225-2371

You can report your call here:

http://justforeignpolicy.org/act/rigell-lee-call-in

Robert Naiman