[Peace-discuss] Ammons Rosenberg Race analysis

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 19 20:12:22 UTC 2014

There were a lot of factors that played into the outcome of the 103rd State Rep Race, but after examining all of the precinct returns, one thing is very noticable.

The more Working class the precinct, the more votes that went to Carol Ammons.
This is true in both Urbana and Champaign.

What suprised me were the two prcincts in the Carle Park area ( Cunningham 9 and Cunningham 10 ). Both went to Carol Ammons, albeit very close, but I had always assumed that these two precincts were Prussing / Jacobsen strongholds.
The precincts that went to Rosenberg in Urbana were all south of Florida Ave.
The suprise in Champaign were three Working class precincts that went to Rosenberg, but not by much. Precinct 12 ( between State st. and Prospect / University ave. and Green st. ) which happens to be Champaign City Council member Marci Dodds precinct.
Precinct 19 and Precinct 25 which are west of Prospect and East of Mattis / south of the railroad tracks and north of University ave., went to Rosenberg but only by 52 % and 54 %. Toni Fabri lives in precinct 19 and even though he sat at Carol's table at the Dem dinner months ago, everywhere I saw Fabri signs I would see Rosenberg signs.

David J.