[Peace-discuss] Return to the US

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 12:09:17 UTC 2014

Dear Friends

I've returned to the US after almost two weeks in Europe, visiting Istanbul and Barcelona. I was unable to access my email during this time, and as yet haven't had a chance to read any of your comments regarding recent events. As per usual my return to the US has the feel of now being in "Disneyland", based upon the analysis of the tv news media. I'm sure upon reading my emails and usual sources of information I will feel more balanced and my questions will be answered but until then I appreciate the ignorance and confusion of the average US citizen who receives their news from the corporate owned media.

The Malaysian Airlines crash which was turned into a terrorist attack, by the US media, a plane that carried over 215 Chinese passengers out of the 227, that went down was viewed and promoted by most US commentators as an attack on Americans rivaling that of 911?

2) The democratic elections held in the Crimea, which supported annexation by Russia, as a requirement for sanctions against Russia?

As a note, both Barcelona and Venice are planning referendoms for independence, I'm interested in hearing arguments against, I know the arguments for......

3) Good news was the win of Carol Ammons, I went through all of my mail yesterday, the number of letters from our Democratic Representatives, supporting Sam Rosenberg, and the number of flyers vilifying Carol Ammons, was beyond disgusting.

4) While in Barcelona there was a break up of a terrorist recruitment group in Basque country, which created strict security checks at United Airlines airport in Barcelona. Given my last name and the only visa in my new passport being Turkey, meant I was targetted for a random security check, they were very polite.