[Peace-discuss] Fwd: 9/11 in the Academic Community - Updates #14 - March 26, 2014

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 26 22:34:46 UTC 2014

Adnan Zuberi has had considerable sucess, as given below, in promulgating his film—much from Canada (whee he is professor), but elsewhere as well.

--mkb

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adnan Zuberi <adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca<mailto:adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca>>
Date: March 26, 2014 7:47:16 PM CDT
To: "adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca<mailto:adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca>" <adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca<mailto:adnan.zuberi at utoronto.ca>>
Subject: 9/11 in the Academic Community - Updates #14 - March 26, 2014

9/11 in the Academic Community - Hello Professors, here are the new updates on the documentary's progress.

Please keep names confidential.

New Updates:

115) Harvard U's Library entered the documentary into their system today: http://hollis.harvard.edu/?itemid=%7Clibrary/m/aleph%7C013974481

114) Tucker Carlson, formerly of Fox and CNN, whom you may remember as the fellow who had mistreated David Ray Griffin and Steven Jones on his show, maintains his position on 9/11 but clearly has changed in many ways. In the following March 1st 2014 interviews with Alex Jones, he has clearly changed over the years and is more open to discussing 9/11 skepticism in a polite way. He says "I have no idea what happened to WTC 7". It was nice to see him and Alex Jones laugh together and team up on one point at least, that 9/11 was used to remove our liberties.
Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NGaZYcrhA
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M10NINpa9Z8
I'm thinking of approaching Carlson now.

113) University of Waterloo Alumni Affairs will be running a story on the success of the documentary. Will share when it is published. Will be approaching U of Toronto's alumni affairs next. Since all those involved in the film have many university affiliations, dating back to undergrad, I think we can reach out to a larger alumni network and promote the film as a "alumni news" success story.

112) Peter Biesterfeld, founder and co-ordinator of the Documentary Production Program at Algo­nquin Col­lege in Ottawa, who has worked on hun­dreds of films and videos as script writer, direc­tor, cam­era­man and edi­tor for broad­cast and non-broadcast audiences. He's currently making a film on the firing of Prof. Denis Rancourt. Here's his feedback:

111) "I just watched your film. What a fine job you did unpacking and unfolding all the issues in a very accessible, logical, engaging and at times challenging way. Your speakers were most articulate and brought solid understanding to the subject matter and your additional materials from graphics to stock footage were effectively woven into the film without overpowering or distracting from the through story, the debate around how the academic community went to sleep and snored through events and in a post-9/11 world still hasn't mustered the courage for critical analysis of what happened.  McMurtry's CBC debate material was brilliantly used near the end to give the entire doc an aerial view, the context for why this discussion is important. The climax of the piece indeed. Well done.  This was a very refreshing treat, a respite from the over-the-top and hyperpartisan spin treatment this topic receives from what I think is a mostly well-meaning truther movement. Thank you for sharing."

110) A fifth prof at U of Toronto, in my counting of those who are new to this subject, is now open to using the film in her classes. The fact that four of them are in the same department really means something about changing knowledge in a more truthful direction.

109) Steve Cohn, a friend with AE911Truth who is helping with Arizona State University's AE911Truth Group said "So far one Sociology professor has seen the film... He wants to discuss it further but his student who lent it to him hadn't seen it yet, so the discussion will have to wait. Then on Friday, we gave it to an Electrical Engineering senior level tenured professor, Dr. Michael Koziky, originally from Scotland, who is already convinced (by us) that building 7 was controlled demo."

108) About to order 1000 DVDs and getting the ball rolling again. I have given up unfortunately on inserting closed-captioning - nearly impossible task to get an 18 page transcript into the exact time slots the professors speak in. Now that Harvard has the film, I intend to engage several libraries to also purchase the film and that will hopefully provide perpetual funds that I can use to get this film to profs.

Old Updates:

107) A notable professor who heads one of the units of the royal society of Canada, sent a note to me and Prof Michael Keefer saying that he is thankful for receiving the film and that he'll give us feedback once he has watched it. Michael, thanks for connecting with the professor.

106) Harvard U's library has requested the film. Many thanks to Gustavo for submitting the request to his library accompanied with the film's endorsements.

105) Lars Schall, a well known journalist in Germany, has published his interview with me regarding the documentary. The article is called: "The Sound of Silence in Academia Connected to 9/11".
Article Link: http://www.larsschall.com/2014/02/21/the-sound-of-silence-in-academia-connected-to-911-2/

104) The March 4th edition of California's Yolo County newspaper, The David Examiner, mentioned the screening of the film. Very brief and positive, and stated UCSB Economics Professor Stephen LeRoy's endorsement statement of the film:
http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/briefly/documentary-examines-academics-response-to-911/

103) Prof Ken Westhues of U of Waterloo introduced me to Peter Biesterfeld. Peter is a Toronto film school instructor and is making a documentary film on how physicist Denis Rancourt was fired from U of Ottawa. We had a good lunch and exchanged notes given the similar nature of our films.

102) Youtube is reviewing my application for monetizing the film online. If approved, this will allow people to pay to view the film on Youtube. This will eliminate mailing costs. The profits will continue to be used for sending out free DVDs to good profs. At the moment, I have about seven DVDs left.

101) I followed up with Alan Borovoy, general counsel emeritus of the CCLA. As CBC had noted about him, he always has quite the humour. He said he unfortunately lost the DVD and that it shouldn't matter because he wouldn't know how to play the DVD :)

100) Edward Peck, served as US Ambassador to Iraq, and Deputy Director of Covert Programs & Deputy Director of the White House Terrorism Task Force, said he found the film to be impressive. He has plenty of jokes about Canada :) He provided me a couple good contacts to help me with my other project of establishing a permanent diplomatic website channel for civil societies and foreign governments. I'm glad to also have Peter Dale Scott's help on the project as well.

99) Phyllis Creighton O.Ont, a wonderful friend we recently met through Barrie Zwicker, got Andrew Preston interested in the film as he was a guest speaker at the Creighton Lectures on History by U of Toronto. Preston is a Reader of History at Cambridge U. I sent a note to John Naughton, a VP at Cambridge, to invite Preston to his research team's screening of the film.

98) Richard Falk, currently professor emeritus of international law and a member of UNHRC, who had co-authored a book with David Ray Griffin on 9/11, said the following about the film:
"I have now had the opportunity to watch your film "9/11 in the Academic Community." It raises many important issues that are of fundamental relevance to the 9/11debate as well as to the general freedom available in the academic community. I think it deserves wide dissemination and discussion.

At the same time I have several reservations about the film in its present form. The editing of the film is not smooth in places, and some of the speakers are not clearly identified. Also there is a failure to link the failures of the academic community to investigate with the general societal disposition to be suspicious about the official version, especially in the United States. It would also have been useful to give Griffin a bigger role, assuming he was willing to be interviewed on camera. My suggestion is this: that you seek supplemental funding to do a second
version that is tighter and meets these technical challenges. Also, it is possible that an overall narrator would be helpful in tying the various issues and participants together better."

97) Peter Hoffman, William Kingsford Professor of History, of McGill University, would like to see the film. He has provided the most comprehensive documentation of the German resistance towards Hitler, and had approved of the script for the movieValkyrie that had Tom Cruise in it.

96) Steve Cohn at Arizona State University gave the film to James Adams, president's professor of material sciences & engineering. Prof Adams accepted and said he'll watch it and return the copy by tomorrow.

95) A prof emeritus of fire engineering, formerly a fire sciences division head at NIST has welcomed the opportunity to view the film.

94) Prof MacQueen said the screening by the McMaster arts & sci student society went really well. Students asked many insightful questions.

93) Two distinguished professors, one in American law and the other in English, at Stanford and Cornell responded to my e-mail, they are interested to watch the film. I'll send the films this week to them.

92) Sent the film to an civil engineering undergrad at Utah State University as he intends to screen the film and to loan it out to profs.

91) A professor at Michigan U directing their criminal justice program responded and would like to see the film.

90) The contact working at Harvard's faculty of arts & sci, Gustavo Espada, wrote to me: "I thought the film was very well made on the whole, and it’s been well received by those I’ve shown it to, who seemed to appreciate how unlike most previous 9/11films it is." He said he'll get more detailed reviews from those who watched it.

89) A student at Adelphi University in New York would like to discuss the film as a possible topic for his research. He said he lost his aunt in the Sept. 11 event. I suggested that he contact Prof Keefer & Truscello for research advice.

88) Lars Schall of the Asia Times Online liked the film and has decided to write an article on the documentary. Prof. Zarembka: thanks for the connection.

87) Prof Korol is amazing - he just published his third paper about the WTC collapse in a peer reviewed civil engineering journal. As we know, Northwestern U's Prof Bazant's theoretical 3-hinge column model in the WTC, is maintained as the greatest absorber of energy during a progressive collapse. He said that even in the best case scenario, the towers were doomed to collapse (his widely cited 2001 J of Engineering Mechanics paper Why The Towers Were Doomed to Collapse). Prof Korol experimentally showed this to be false and showed how axial compression absorbs far more energy. Paper was published about three days ago. See first paper under documentary website's listing: http://911inacademia.com/journal-papers/ <http://911inacademia.com/journal-papers/>

86) Cheryl Curtiss had interviewed me some weeks ago about the film on her radio show, which is heard by some in the University of Hartford community. They screened the film at the university on Jan. 29. Interview: http://www.radio4all.net/index.php/program/73991

85) Two emeritus profs at U of Calgary and SFU liked the film.

84) I have about 15 DVDs left and am getting through the transcribing to make the next DVDs available with captions, hopefully. Youtube has is now an online Blockbuster that allows for people to purchase a 1 time or 5 time viewing of a film. This saves costs for mailing or reproducing the film. I think professors still prefer receiving the hardcopy rather than a link to view online.

Old Updates:

83) The notable Discover Channel guy would like to see the film.

82) Prof Zarembka has a contact at a notable alternative media channel reviewing the film.

81) Two profs that U of Nevada that authored Terror and Taboo - a book on the political manipulation of terrorism discourse are watching the film.

80) A prof at U Ottawa said the film will be playing at their Cinema Academica.

79) I learned that out of the ~ 400+ DVDs sold, many purchasers with hotmail or yahoo e-mail accounts were actually professors :)

78) I'm also establishing a network of profs who are loaning out the film to academics at their workplace. This includes friends at Arizona U and Oregon U.

77) A lady prof at Brock U said her partner loved the film and she hopes to see it soon. She offered to support a screening at Brock U.

76) Spoke to Richard Falk last week and he said if the film is good, he'll happily recommend it to Robert Lifton, the dis. psychiatrist at CUNY/Harvard.

75) I'm in touch with a Canadian physicist who did research at NIST who liked the film.

74) A dist. lady prof who worked in the AAUP and is at the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton (where Einstein did research) happily accepted to view the film.

73) A VP at Cambridge U is organizing a screening with his nine colleagues in his research team. He wrote a thanks upon receiving it and said he'll certainly give feedback.

72) A prof emeritus of English and founding director of peace & conflict studies at U California Berkeley would like to see thefilm. He seems on board and willing to help.

71) The McMaster Arts & Science student society are screening the film and invited Graeme MacQueen to do a QA.

70) An PEng engineering and computer science prof emeritus at Calgary U donated to the film.

69) A lady prof at UofT's geography dept. really liked the film.

68) A civil eng student is organizing a screening at Utah State U.

67) A girl heading sociology undergrad society has organized the

66) Our lawyer prof friend B. Weston, intends to screen the film to his law school class and faculty. Hope it goes well.

65) I'm compiling the transcript of the film. It will be sent to Arnaud, a friend in France, who will translate the film into French. I'll use the transcript to produce a 2nd Edition of the film with captions, hopefully. It's going to take a while to do captions of everything said in the film.

64) I have 25 DVDs left. E-mails continue coming in asking for the film so that's good.

63) The most important update is that we have a communication model that is working. Nearly all professors responds to the e-mail invitation to view the film. I mostly approach those professors whose public record demonstrates a commitment toacademic freedom and critical thinking which already accommodates the film's line of inquiry - it's just that they are unaware of it. To reach a visible fraction of academia in North America, it's necessary to multiply this use of this model and to provide online viewing of the film to eliminate mailing costs (in the works).

62) Prof. Robert Patman, Head of the Politics Dept. at Otago University, and Hon. Professor of New Zealand Defence Command, said "I viewed your documentary, 9/11 in the Academic Community, with considerable interest. Thank you very much for putting this thoughtful documentary together. While I agree there is real scope for more probing scholarship around9/11, I would argue there has been some efforts outside North America in this direction. In 2010, Praeger published my bookStrategic Shortfall: The Somalia Syndrome and the March to 9/11. The Ideas Institute at the LSE launched the book and I gave a brief Youtube interview at the Institute on the book's central argument."

61) Hester Eisenstein, Professor of Sociology at City University of New York said "I have viewed your video and it is very good. Of course it is hard to fit complex issues into a limited space -- and there has been so much discussion of things like the "insider trading" that Zarembka discusses; you could easily do an hour and a half and still not cover everything.  Congrats on issuing the video and I hope it gets widely circulated." She sent me her book, Feminism Seduced  in which one of the chapters is about ideological weapons used in the War on Terror such as the portrayal of women being liberated in the West. A wonderful lady.

60) Film will be screened at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI) and Kevin Ryan will be one of the panelists.

59) Kenneth Westhues, Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Legal Studies at the University of Waterloo, offered an endorsement of the film:  "Canadian academic historian Michiel Horn has observed that as a rule, professors are milquetoasts. Here is documentary proof of Horn's observation, on the subject of this century's first great day of infamy. This film also documents exceptions to Horn's rule: professors with guts enough to raise critical questions. Highly recommended, especially for provoking reasoned political discussion and debate." His critical feedback was to focus on well-documented information that shows wars like Iraq are provably criminal rather than focusing on attributing 9/11 to the government (perhaps he misheard something as the film doesn't point fingers). His colleague at Florida Atlantic University liked the film and asked if a film can be made on "academic mobbing", as both of them are experts that write literature on that topic.

58) Undergrad student at Queensland's Griffith University likes the film and will work together on approaching professors at her university with the DVD.

57) Houston Wood, University of Virginia professor of mechanical engineering, would like to see the film in response to e-mail. In the documentary Hubris by MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, Wood said he felt betrayed as a scientist and as an American when the Bush Admin consulted him and then ignored his analysis which ruled out the alleged aluminum tubes that were said to be for Iraq's WMDs. He served as Visiting Research Scholar at Princeton University on Science and Global Security in 2007. Professor Brian Orend of the University of Waterloo who specializes on the ethics of war would also like to see the film.

56) The Peoples Channel (TPC/DCM18) will be playing the film on their channel. Their manager said it "is viewed by approx. 35,000 households in Chapel Hill/Orange County and Durham Community Media that reaches approx. 70,000 households in Durham".

55) My friend, Christopher Pringle, gave the film to a U of Waterloo engineering professor. Chris said "Did get mixed feedback from a very well respected ( certainly by me) Prof – robotics chap – who watched it – then googled to see about the number of peer reviewed articles on the subject and finding many I think that deflected from the message -  that was the part of Trusello (sp?) suggesting little work on the cause of 911  was done.   I am not saying this to engage further but to  point to an aspect that time does affect i.e. numbers of studies or publications will increase and take from the core argument i.e. a lack of discourse."

54) A former president of the Royal Society of Canada responded positively by e-mail and would like to see the film.

53) A professor who served as a senior on the US Senate Select Intelligence Committee for oversight would like to see thefilm. Also being viewed by a dist. prof at Duke University.

52) Talked over phone with a former deputy director of the White House Terrorism Task Force and he became very positive about the film's approach later in the conversation and wants to see our film and will provide feedback.

51) Dr. Keith Spicer, OC.,  provided brief feedback by e-mail "Thank you for this most interesting work". He has served as Canada's First Commissioner of Official Languages, Director of the CRTC, and Professor of Political Science at U. Toronto, Dartmouth, UCLA and the UN university.

50) Three lady profs at U. Toronto watched the film at a screening a few weeks ago and said they feel it's important to include it in their teaching and obtained the film.

49) Prof David Johnson, Toronto Hearings Panelist, will be giving DVDs to top academics he knows.

48) Endorsement statement for film from Paul Almond, OC, award winning former director of the CBC: "People can benefit from learning about the event which clearly changed not only American consciousness, but that of the whole world. I believe thisdocumentary should be shown as widely as possible."

47) Prof Paul Zarembka reached out on the SUNY e-mail list and four profs responded and the DVDs were sent to them.

46) Documentary endorsed last week by Paul Almond, Officer of the Order of Canada and award-winning past director and producer of the CBC, and Member, Royal Canadian Academy of Arts. He is advising in a very helpful way on how to get thefilm more attention. Getting big endorsements all the time may not be a good idea as a journalist who has not seen the filmmay simply see it as a new story to spark a fun controversy rather than as the change in mindset the film is doing in a calm and quiet way. So I need to be more proportional in approaching academia, media and government. I think approaching folks who are current workers lower down or eminent retirees in media and government are safest to approach to build the necessary foundations in these institutions.

45) A president emeritus of the University of Waterloo has accepted to review the film.

44) I received my review copy back with a small note from Prof. Elizabeth Riddell-Dixon: "Adnan, Thank you for sharing your award winning film with me." - Riddell-Dixon is   Distinguished Senior Fellow at the Bill Graham Centre for Contemporary International History at the University of Toronto, and Professor Emerita of International relations and former Chair of the Department of Political Science at Western University.   I don't know her but I gave her the DVD after attending her talk about issues in the Artic waters. The feedback is so far generally positive from academics new to this line of inquiry.

43) A former Canadian commissioner and director of the CRTC has accepted to review the documentary.

42) Prof. Richard Lee is giving out DVDs to top academics he knows - thanks, Prof. Lee.

41) A notable lady Professor of Sociology at City University of New York and a Professor of Mathematics at Penn State University ordered the film.

40) Documentaries sent out to civil engineering profs in Western Canada - thanks, Prof. Korol for checking my letters.

39) Mount Royal U library ordered the film - thanks for recommending it to them, Prof. Truscello.

38) The Manager at Regional Educational Television Network of Vermont wants to promote it on additional TV channels across his state.

37) Barrie Zwicker informed me of the positive article by Dr. Ludwig Watzal, journalist and editor in Germany - thanks for theupdate.

 http://dissidentvoice.org/2013/11/911-and-academia/

36) The president of the sociology students association at Indiana U has organized a screening that will follow an discussion of the film with an academic panel - aim is late January. I haven't asked yet who the academics are.

35) Prof. Zarembka is promoting the production at SUNY - thanks.

34) 360 of 500 DVDs gone out - including those sent out to academics for free. I did a Q/A via video conference following a screening of the film for the class MMC4640: Public Opinion and Modernity at Florida Atlantic University yesterday. Students really liked the film I'm happy to report. I'm working with the prof on how to communicate the subject.

33) "Academic freedom protects scholars who report inconvenient truths from the uninformed, but, as Adnan Zuberi reminds us, academic freedom is also the responsibility of scholars to pursue the truth."

Dr. Roger W. Bowen
Consultant for the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges.
 Served as General Secretary of the American Association of University Professors,
Professor of Political Science and President of the State University of New York at New Paltz, Vice President for AcademicAffairs and Professor of International Affairs at Hollins College. Since 1981 he has been an Associate in Research at the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies at Harvard University.

Prof. Truscello: Thanks for checking my letter to Dr. Bowen.

32) Dr. Gray Brechin, Historical Geographical Researcher at UC Berkeley, agreed to review the film. He has been interested in this subject for some years.

31) Good friends in the film at McMaster University are helping with reaching out to academics they know. We'll be working on writing letters that will go with the film out to those particular profs.

30) Frances Shure is helping with getting the film aired on their local PBS affiliate.

29) Two profs at U.Ottawa and San Diego State University ordered the film.

28) ~ 270 documentaries sold and going strong. Each film has come with a personal letter that requests to circulate the production to academics and university libraries. For every film purchased, I can send out two documentaries to academics that are interested in it. That's the model I'm following so far.

27) Allen Jasson, an activist-writer at MCW News wrote a lengthy review of the film and said it was really good. "The particular quality of documentary lies in the fact that it is an academic work intended for an academic audience"
    http://mwcnews.net/focus/analysis/33242-9-11-truth.html#sthash.VhyxiTIA.dpuf

26) David A. Johnson, PhD., FAICP, Emeritus Professor, University of Tennessee, and Panelist at the Toronto Hearings on9/11, wrote a very thoughtful recommendation for the film:

http://911blogger.com/news/2013-11-08/professor-david-johnsons-recommendation-911-academic-community-documentary

25) Richard Gage said the film was exceptional in its ability to communicate the subject and wants it to be on the list of films available through the AE911Truth website as well.

24) Had a lengthy and wonderful discussion over phone with Alan Borovoy. He is General Counsel Emeritus of the Canadian Civil Liberties Association and Officer of the Order of Canada. He seemed very positive about the approach and was very trusting of the people interviewed for the film. He has promised to review the production at the beginning of the new year as soon his current book assignment is completed. He said he hopes to provide an endorsement statement.

23)  David B. Downing, Professor of English, Director, Graduate Studies in Literature & Criticism, Indiana Univ. of Pennsylvania, Editor of Academic Freedom in the Post-9/11 Era, was glad to be informed about the production and wants a copy.

22) Jonathan Cole, John Mitchell Mason Professor of the University, Provost & Dean of Faculties Emeritus, Columbia University, & member of the US CFR said (had endorsed a book on academic freedom after 9/11): "This sounds like a very interesting project. However, I’m so totally busy for the next three months that I can’t even consider taking on any new efforts.  So, I must reluctantly say no to your request.  Good luck on the project." As mentioned previously, I will be changing the context of my e-mail from "reviewing" (which makes it look like reviewing an academic paper of some sort) to that of "sharing the production" given their thoughtful concerns in relation to academic freedom after 9/11.

21) Reinhold Faeth, a Professor in Ottersberg, Germany, said "The film gives rise to seriously valid questions and some of the implicit answers are of horrible dimensions." He will be recommending it to his university.

20) The "Regional Educational Television Network" in the state of Vermont would like to play the documentary on their channel (cable access channel serving 40,000 homes)

19) Prof. Cary Nelson would like a copy upon receiving a e-mail from me. He is Professor of English & Jubilee Professor of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Former pres. American Association of University Professors. He has written about the negative impact on universities and academic freedom in the post-9/11 world.

18) Burns Weston, a friend of David Ray Griffin, and dist. prof emeritus of law at Iowa U liked the film, and I hope to work with him in getting it into their curricula

17) Emma Fletcher, President of the Undergraduate Sociology Club at Indiana University, will screen the documentary and will have a panel of academics discuss it. An event has been organized at U of Hartford, possibly more on the way at Central Ct. State Univ. and Wesleyan Univ.

16) A librarian at Cornell U purchased & made a generous donation. A prof at University of Johannesburg, South Africa, purchased the film.

15) Kenneth Westhues, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at U. Waterloo, an expert on "academic mobbing" purchased a copy for himself and for a colleague of his at Florida U who also specializes on this topic. He wrote me a note that he is good friends with Prof MacGregor and McMurtry. It's nice to have learned that.

14) John Vanderkooy, Dist. Professor of Physics Emeritus at U.Waterloo, declined to review the film but said the following "My principal interests do not lie in the area of academia as it relates to administration politics and the effect of 9/11 on our society, and I do not think a review from me would be helpful.  I congratulate you on the award, and hope that the documentaryhelps to build collective conscience." I will be removing the sentence in my e-mails that asks for their "review" because they may feel unqualified to review it or that their review would be a public review visible to everyone and so instead I am using the wording "I believe you would be a most thoughtful professor to share this documentary with"- which is better if their expertise is in academic freedom or the ethics of war or torture - something related to the film.

13) I will be approaching the 100+ profs on the Patriots Question 9/11 list to have them circulate copies for general feedback among their colleagues. This will help accelerate the process.

Update 12) Prof. Friedrich Steinhäusler reviewed the documentary and wrote a letter of recommendation for the film. I'll send in another e-mail his slight criticisms of the film but overall it met his expectations. Steinhäusler is full professor of physics at Salzburg University (previously taught at Stanford), a member of the Permanent Monitoring Panel for Mitigating Terrorist Acts for the World Federation of Scientists and an advisor to NATO on terrorism. He has chaired NATO's workshops and authored in NATO's journal on catastrophic terrorism. Has advised 27 FR & EU member states on these subjects, awarded as Austria's top security champion (and so forth ..).

Update 11) The documentary was screened at the annual PJSA (Peace & Justice Studies Association) conference at Wilfrid Laurier University on Friday Oct 18. A professor and director of Earlham College's peace and global studies program loved thefilm and she'll try to get it into universities. Another professor, I can't remember her name, said she was the dean and was affiliated with Hartford University, got a copy and will screen it at her uni. On the following day, the Saturday, there was a bit of a positive buzz about the film around the conference.

Update 10) The documentary was shown again on the evening of Oct. 18 at U.Waterloo. Graeme did an awesome QA. Four students got the film and we worked out a plan on how to approach their profs with the films as "review copies" so to circulate them continuously. The president of the Muslim Students Association at UW (largest student body on campus apparently) just e-mailed me and wants to do another event with the film.

Update 9) Paul Almond, author and filmmaker - member of the Canadian Royal Academy of Arts and Officer of the Order of Canada, considered as one of Canada's best filmmaker in the 70s, expressed interest in getting the film.

Update 8) Jan Narveson, distinguished professor emeritus of philosophy at U.Waterloo, royal society of Canada fellow & order of Canada officer, wants to "view" the film rather than "review" the film - still good IMO.

Update 7) Over 100 docs now sold - 67 mailed out. Catching on shipping out the rest this week. And my mom finally watched the doc and said the young guy was good. Michael T, any idea who this guy might be? :)

Update 6) Roger Bowen, has accepted to review the film. He is a past President of the State University of New York (New Paltz) and former General Secretary of the American Assoc. of University Professors. Paul Z- thanks for giving me his contact.

Update 5) UofT History Dept's Prof. Michael Gervers will try to get the film screened by their history society in February.

Update 4) Charles Lindblom, Sterling Prof Emeritus of Political Science at Yale & past president of the American Political Sci Association has accepted to review the documentary.

Update 3) A Harvard faculty of arts & sci employee has ordered the film. The film is so far very successful in the number of orders coming in. I also gave the film in person to Elizabeth Riddell-Dixon, a dist. fellow of the Bill Graham contemporary history centre at UofT and prof emerita of political science at UWO. She read the cover and said she really looks forward to watching it and will provide feedback. It seems like the film cover design was essential in getting it right.

Update 2) A government employee at the USDA who responds to inquires from the president and congress has ordered thefilm.

Update 1) UWO's librarians requested the documentary and said "We believe this film will enhance the curriculum for many of our courses." After some time, I will ask these supportive U.Guelph & UWO libraries to recommend other university libraries to consider obtaining the film and to introduce it to their professors. This adds to the strategy of approaching academics from all directions within the university.