[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Interfaith Partners in Action

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri May 30 17:09:18 EDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Interfaith Partners in Action
Date: 	Fri, 30 May 2014 11:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: 	Sydney Levy, Jewish Voice for Peace <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
To: 	davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=CKiSafoVVagp%2FNC%2BA22%2BRnku6lbyyEv0>

*Action Alert*

/Dear //David//,

//Over 8,000 people--from all different faith communities--have signed
our letter of support for Presbyterian divestment. Please join us! -Sydney
/

      As Pope Francis witnesses Palestinian suffering, it is time for us
      to take action.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Igkc9vDSqER6nygp4BOGYF2I2pJOiIQF>

Support Presbyterians considering divestment from occupation.

Take Action!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YrADrnx4uYC0C7vHhZ8cg0IfAbHKupaC>

Facebook
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MwrwJ%2FsAHr%2BbF5YgAH84H12I2pJOiIQF>
Twitter icon
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=EKhFBZ9IGWlC%2Bm2reVYcK12I2pJOiIQF>
<mailto:Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A%2BCheck%2BThis%2BOut&body=I%2Bthought%2Byou%2Bmight%2Bbe%2Binterested%2Bin%2Bthis%2Bmessage%2Bhttp%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D%5B%5Bemail_blast_KEY%5D%5D>

Dear David,

The world will be watching carefully as Pope Francis begins his historic
visit to Jordan, Palestine, and Israel this weekend.

While he likely won’t have to go through checkpoints himself, the Pope
/will/ witness firsthand the suffering and unjust imprisonment of the
Palestinian people. People of conscience like you and me will be asking,
“What can we do to end the injustice?”

And there is something you can do, right now. In a matter of weeks, the
Presbyterian Church (USA) will be voting to divest from 3 companies that
profit from creating misery for Palestinians.

*Please join me and sign our multi-faith letter of support for
Presbyterian divestment.*

_*Click here: http://www.interfaithpartners.org*_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0KevI1dandIozM1AJGcdG12I2pJOiIQF>

Unfortunately, some Jewish groups and their Christian supporters insist
that a vote for divestment would damage interfaith relations between the
two communities.

Your signature of support is critical because it sends the message to
church leaders that solid relations between Christians, Jews, Muslims,
and people of other faiths must be based on respect for the dignity and
well-being of all fellow human beings.

The Pope is doing his part. In an unprecedented move, he has chosen a
rabbi and an imam to accompany him on his trip. He will also be meeting
with Christian leaders of other churches. We are all one family.

*Your message of support to the Presbyterian Church will carry the same
message: We are all one. We stand together. The time to divest from
injustice has come.*

_*Click here: http://www.interfaithpartners.org*_
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XiH1CwvPcZgzVnnQfFBoUl2I2pJOiIQF>

When he visits Bethlehem, perhaps Pope Francis will see the holes left
in the ground where, just this week, the Israeli army uprooted over
1,500 fruit trees just a few miles south west of Bethlehem. Or he’ll
touch the wall, built illegally on Palestinian land, that separates
families and friends from each other, and farmers from their land. Or
he’ll feel the sting of segregation when he is allowed to travel on
Israeli roads, across Palestinian land, that Palestinians are actually
banned from using.

No matter what, we will continue to support divestment. We will continue
to call for justice.

In hope,

Sydney Levy
JVP Advocacy Director

Donate Now!
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=oYUXppoFXAq2f9vgNNvXRl2I2pJOiIQF>

          Contact Info:

Jewish Voice for Peace
1611 Telegraph Ave, Suite 550
Oakland, CA 94612
510.465.1777
info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org <mailto:info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>

          Connect with Us:

Become a 2014 JVP Member
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0YjyNRzL3qcygpkt6D6l212I2pJOiIQF>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=VPYr6eU2mdsDNWQZ5%2B%2FNwV2I2pJOiIQF>
| Twitter
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3h7gw2NPbh87om5BXegbMl2I2pJOiIQF>
<mailto:Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+http%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1299970>

Subscribe to our blog Muzzlewatch
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QJdoQJ4TDRdjbFGbGJZxy12I2pJOiIQF>

Unsubscribe
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=H4k6MDrg%2BiL4JT7vPr7tUF2I2pJOiIQF>