[Peace-discuss] Oliver Stone Wants to Make a Documentary on Putin

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Nov 8 15:01:27 EST 2014

News <http://www.telesurtv.net/english/section/news> > Culture
<http://www.telesurtv.net/SubSecciones/en/news/culture/>

  Oliver Stone Wants to Make a Documentary on Putin

Oliver Stone, director of the documentary film about Hugo Chavez, "My
Friend Hugo" (Photo:AFP)

    Oliver Stone, director of the documentary film about Hugo Chavez,
    "My Friend Hugo" (Photo:AFP)

Published 6 November 2014
Share on facebook
<http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Oliver-Stone-Wants-to-Make-a-Documentary-on-Putin-20141106-0051.html#>
Share on twitter
<http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Oliver-Stone-Wants-to-Make-a-Documentary-on-Putin-20141106-0051.html#>
Share on google_plusone_share
<http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=300&winname=addthis&pub=ra-4f2d726c065de481&source=tbx-300&lng=en-US&s=google_plusone_share&url=www.telesurtv.net%2Fenglish%2Fnews%2FOliver-Stone-Wants-to-Make-a-Documentary-on-Putin-20141106-0051.html&title=Oliver%20Stone%20Wants%20to%20Make%20a%20Documentary%20on%20Putin&ate=AT-ra-4f2d726c065de481/-/-/545e75e82114e63b/2&frommenu=1&uid=545e75e8bcb3e8b2&ct=0&tt=0&captcha_provider=nucaptcha>
Share on email
<http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Oliver-Stone-Wants-to-Make-a-Documentary-on-Putin-20141106-0051.html#>

Stone, who is currently working on a film about Edward Snowden, met
Putin Tuesday at a theater in Moscow

The US filmmaker Oliver Stone revealed on  Thursday his desire to make a
documentary about the Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"We had no plans to make a movie on Putin. I would love to do an
interview with him because he represents a different point of view that
Americans don't hear," he said in an interview with RIA Novosti.

Many of Stone's films and documentaries have offered a critique of the
foreign policy of his home country, the United States.

His back catalogue includes documentaries about very important political
figures such as Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro and John F. Kennedy. He is
working on a film about Edward Snowden.

Dimitri Peskov, Kremlin's spokesman, said, "We are aware of Stone's
desire to make a film," but he didn't say if Putin agreed or not.

Stone met Putin Tuesday at an event in remembrance of the Russian actor
and director Vasily Shukshin at a theater in Moscow.

Stone is in Moscow for his film about Edward Snowden, former US National
Security Agency contractor, who leaked classified information about US
surveillance practices.

"We are working on the screenplay of the film," said Stone, who has
based his film on Snowden's attorney, Anatoly Kucherena's book, "Time of
the Octopus."