[Peace-discuss] petition agasinst attacks on Syria

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Sep 12 11:21:02 EDT 2014

MoveOn is a front for Obama and excuse-making Democrats - but perhaps not "nothing but" that.

It's surely worthwhile to sign a petition against the planned attacks on Syria, but why is Iraq not mentioned?

Is the implication that Obama's attacks on Iraq - already underway - are justified?

Glen Ford adds some context. “President Obama has declared war on ISIS, the renegade jihadists that have turned on their former masters in NATO and the royal courts of Arabia. Nearly four decades ago, the U.S., Saudi Arabia and Pakistan spent billions to create, from scratch, an international jihadist network to torment a leftwing government in Afghanistan. The rag tag feudal Islamist raiders that once delighted in beheading young Afghan leftists who were sent to the countryside to carry out land reform and teach village girls to read, now yearn to detach the skulls of Saudi kings and princes from their obscenely rich bodies, and to methodically drive the western infidels from all Muslim territories. This is, indeed, some deep poetry.”

Philip Gourevitch writes, “Every President in the past quarter century has made the decision to bomb Iraq.”

Obama is different from his predecessor(s) only in a greater level of mendacity, designed to mislead the only enemy the US government fears, the US populace.

--CGE