[Peace-discuss] Should the PrairieGreens endorse David Gill in Illinois' 13th Congressional district?

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 12:16:47 EDT 2015

Running in the Democratic primary was convenient for me, and a learning and growing experience. I shouldn't have had to learn not to harbor any illusions about the institutional structure of the Democratic Party and it's limitations, but I should probably confess to entertaining certain fantasies in order to maintain energy and morale. Gill seems to be more seriously entertaining a fantasy about "independents." I'm perplexed by that. And the Young Democrats seem to be all in for Bernie Sanders; perhaps a welcome change from their previous fascination with Ann Callis. Nevertheless, that too shall likely pass. In my opinion we should be firm about the need for a 3rd party if electoral politics is to be worth any of our time and resources.
DG