[Peace-discuss] Rep. Hank Johnson: It's Not Just About Bibi Dissing Our Black President

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Feb 11 16:20:18 EST 2015

[...]
Here's Representative Johnson, talking about the opposition of members of
the Congressional Black Caucus
<http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/benjamin-netanyahu-congressional-black-caucus-115103.html>
(CBC)
to the planned speech of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Congress:

"It's not *just about* disrespect for the president, it's disrespect for
the American people and our system of government for a foreign leader to
insert himself into a issue that our policymakers are grappling with," said
Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.). "It's not *simply about* President Obama being a
black man disrespected by a foreign leader. It's deeper than that." *(My
emphasis.)*

Did you catch that? It's not *just about* Netanyahu disrespecting the
President of the United States. It's not *simply about* Netanyahu
disrespecting a black man. It's about Netanyahu disrespecting the US people
and our system of government.

- Rep. Hank Johnson: It's Not Just About Netanyahu Dissing Our Black
President
http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/29074-rep-hank-johnson-it-s-not-just-about-netanyahu-dissing-our-black-president

===

Robert Naiman