[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [Peace] PDA Press Release on HJ Res 30

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Fri Feb 13 07:24:19 EST 2015

[From the indispensable urbandictionary.com, on Wayne's Chinese pun]

wang ba dan = Chinese for a egg (son) of a turtle; similar to SOB but with a slightly longer history. Origins vary, but the most popular theory is that comes from wang ba duan (忘八端), which means forgetting filial piety, 'brotherly respect', loyalty, trustworthiness, politeness, justice, honesty and shame. (Being ashamed means you know you did something wrong. Calling someone shameless can be highly offensive.) Incidentally, apart from turtle, wang ba also means someone who wears a green hat.