[Peace-discuss] Shall AWARE join proposed petition? -> against AUMF

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sat Feb 14 13:36:45 EST 2015

I agree with Ron: "I’m in favor, contingent on what the final draft actually says."

But I have no fear of "those overheated accusatory screeds that only serve to antagonize people."  We should have done much more to accuse and antagonize the mass murderers in the Obama administration and those who support them (even as a lesser evil).

We should be working (even over-heatedly) to prevent their hiding what they're doing, as they have with pacific words and misdirection.

Far more dangerous than such screeds are statements like H.J. Res 30, which end up supporting Obama's war making while intending to limit it.

I doubt that's what RootsAction and WorldBeyondWar will do, but the bedrock of Obama's propaganda is the co-option of the anti-war movement, and there's no sign that that's over.  --CGE