[Peace-discuss] Shall AWARE join proposed petition? -> against AUMF

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 14 14:11:34 EST 2015

BTW, that's an offensive cartoon, unless I'm misreading it. I think Ron's circulating it to show how the US demonization campaign works.

It seems to say that Putin is offering a ceasefire to "Ukraine" (apparently the Kiev government) as bait for a trap.

That purposely misrepresents what's going on in the  proxy war that was begun by the attack of the US puppet on the Donbas 'separatists' - at US urging.

The Kiev government is now responsible for at least as many deaths in Donbas as another US client was responsible for in Gaza.

The US propaganda stance as usual is to obscure its imperialist actions as aiding someone's defense (NATO itself being a salient example).

As the liberal foreign policy maven George Kennan wrtote for the State Department in 1948, "We should stop putting ourselves in the position of being our brothers' keeper and refrain from offering moral and ideological advice. We should cease to talk about vague and -- for the Far East -- unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

But the idealistic slogans protect the administration from the only enemy it really fears, the US public. So Putin is "a new Hitler," as Hillary says.

--CGE