[Peace-discuss] Illinois Green party State conference

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 23:50:31 EST 2015

Thanks for your thoughts Wayne and I do agree.

The positive for the Greens is that the largest voting block currently is the 60 % who don’t vote in addition to the 64 % of the 40 % who are registered who did NOT vote in the recent 2014 general election.

That is about 85 % of the adult population.

The negatives are that the corporate rulers ; block ballot access ( or at least attempt to with varying degrees of success ), deny participation in debates since we no longer have real public debates moderated by the league of women voters but instead a private corporation owned by the corporate controlled national democratic party and the national republican party, and the black-out of any news coverage by the corporate media. The iron curtain of the U.S. corporate media.

Those are big problems in trying to get the message out and let people know that there is an alternative.

David Johnson