[Peace-discuss] links: Poitras' Citizenfour wins Oscar for best documentary

E. W. Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Mon Feb 23 21:55:08 EST 2015

Snowden is what we call a true patriot.  One who loves or once loved his
homeland and finds it sadly missing.  He was fortunate enough to expose
the truth and selfless enough to do so even though it might mean loss of
life, loss of his freedom or worse.   They  can revoke the oscar like
Salaita's job and Pete Rose's honours but it won't take away the shame
of those doing the revoking.  It's too damn late for those guys.

As Tolstoy observed and warned, the powers-that-be always oppress the
people and do evil in the name of public security and domestic tranquillity.

Right now it looks like to me that ISIS are pretty nice guys as compared
to your Amerikan political class.  They say that ISIS and radical Islam
is a threat to the USA.  Maybe it's true.

  I suggest you read some of the "minor" prophets in the "OT".  As Kool
Nahum Puff Daddy Tupac XL says - "Yo' bad karma is gonna open a can of
pissed-off whup ass on you like that dude with the Sears and Roebuck
crowbar." [...and the Lord revengeth, and is furious; the Lord with take
vengeance on his adversaries and the reserveth wrath for his
adversaries.  the Lord is slow to anger and great in power and will not
at all acquit the wicked.

Why should NYC & WDC fare any better than Nineveh or Dresden or
Fallujah?  Because of their "goodness"?