[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Perfidious Democrats (in Illinois, as elsewhere)

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:16:38 EDT 2015

In answer to Stan

Haven't we tried that, taking over the Democrat Party? It doesn't appear to have gotten us anywhere, most of the dems, certainly not all, are owned by the corporations, not conspiracy theory, simply a fact, ownership comes in many forms. Bribery, threats, social pressure, requirements for compromise on issues of lesser importance, which often means "foreign policy" for those with primarily domestic concerns. That's why I don't support Bernie.
I will support any democrat who is willing to support some of the goals of the Green Party against a republican, I am willing to support Carol, if she is willing to speak with us, as she has indicated she will do, and convince us that she will do the right thing and the abstention on BDS was a mistake.
Rather than retribution, I seek solutions. However, I agree with Carl and others that it's time to build a third party with "foreign policy" a major concern, as we certainly haven't gotten that from the Democratic Party.