[Peace-discuss] Jewish Voice for Peace: 24 hours to save the village of Susiya

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Jul 17 10:05:19 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stefanie Fox, Jewish Voice for Peace <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
Date: Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Subject: 24 hours to stop a catastrophe
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Plnl2i64ucqYnYYtfwWbcM%2Fztpudo9TR>

*24 hours to save Susiya Action Alert*

    Susiya, a village in the West Bank, could be destroyed as soon as
Ramadan ends. But we can make a difference.

 Tell John Kerry to use his power to stop this calamity.

[image: Take Action!]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HlixOx4DXkSz5CjD8onf4M%2Fztpudo9TR>

Dear Robert,

The Israeli government has made it clear: if we don’t act now, settlers
will get their wish and the IDF will mark the end of Ramadan by demolishing
the West Bank village of Susiya.

But you can help stop this catastrophe.

*If 10,000 of us demand an end to Israeli demolition orders in the next 24
hours, we can send a powerful message to Secretary of State John Kerry that
he must intervene before Israel carries out this humanitarian and human
rights disaster.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=pQEV9fdorlz5VwF6oHozB8%2Fztpudo9TR>

Susiya is in Area C - part of the West Bank that is fully controlled by the
Israeli government. Susiya leaders submitted a professionally developed
master plan to the Israeli Civil Administration (ICA) but it was rejected
with a response that captures Israel’s approach to all Palestinians: “the
villagers would be better off living somewhere else.”

Israeli officials have admitted that pressure from settlers sped up the
demolition orders, in order to get around Susiya’s upcoming day in court,
scheduled for August 3rd. Now Israeli officials are saying they plan to
demolish the village soon after Ramadan ends tonight.

*This town could be gone by Monday morning. Click here to demand that
doesn’t happen.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ux%2Bk1vW0%2F%2Bvjdz0wNcYCkc%2Fztpudo9TR>

The good news is that we aren’t the only ones horrified by Israel’s plans.
like Rabbis for Human Rights and Rebuilding Alliance have been working day
and night to spread the word. And it’s working: Representative Anna Eshoo
issued a letter yesterday to Secretary Kerry that 8 more representatives
signed onto almost instantly.

*If we add our voices to their call, Kerry will have to listen. Sign our
petition now.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hFqKw0T95KzJG1rSgsefys%2Fztpudo9TR>

I’ve visited Susiya, sat in the homes slated for demolition, eaten dinner
with members of the 55 families who’ve been living in this location for
decades and hold undisputed titles to their land. I’m heartbroken imagining
these families forced out of their homes. But in Susiya--as throughout
Israel/Palestine--ancestral claim, clear titles, professional master plans,
keys to the home that has been in your family for generations--it’s not
enough to be safe and secure in your home. If you are Palestinian.

*Please join me in standing up for Palestinians in Susiya today.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2VLrppmH6VS5bn6feoLbDM%2Fztpudo9TR>

Onward,

Stefanie Fox
Co-Director of Organizing

[image: Donate Now!]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z%2F%2BE2kQricMCXkRayF%2BTxM%2Fztpudo9TR>
Contact Info:

Jewish Voice for Peace
1611 Telegraph Ave, Suite 550
Oakland, CA 94612
510.465.1777
info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org
Connect with Us:

Become a 2015 JVP Member
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BX19tSbSp%2Bt2M8Lv2Llzbs%2Fztpudo9TR>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Z3jh9vSgtgD%2FHuWgh%2FXGZM%2Fztpudo9TR>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=X3wq2xf5j0TkpZxBy7kxws%2Fztpudo9TR>
| Flickr
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=L36H%2FuEmYUiN8rAKmEtMC8%2Fztpudo9TR>
<Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+http%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1326572>

Subscribe to our blog Muzzlewatch
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IzjyZD8J1UszSsoBoFHg0c%2Fztpudo9TR>