[Peace-discuss] Urge Durbin to publicly commit yes to the Iran nuclear deal

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 09:58:17 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Subject: Your Democratic Senator Hasn't Said Yes to the Iran Deal
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

 [image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3whj0nF5%2BweJky4VWap9AcY772He6i8t&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org>

Dear Robert,

The *Washington Post* has compiled a “whip list” of where Senators
currently stand on the Iran nuclear agreement. [1] Fourteen Republican
Senators have said that they will vote against the deal, but *only one
Senator – California Democrat Dianne Feinstein – has said that she will
definitely vote yes on the agreement.*

We need at least 34 Senators to vote yes in order to secure a veto-proof
majority — and Sen. Dick Durbin is key. *But anti-diplomacy forces are
trying to pressure Sen. Dick Durbin to vote against the deal — which is why
Sen. Dick Durbin needs to hear from you.*

*Call Sen. Dick Durbin NOW at (202) 224-2152 <%28202%29%20224-2152> and say*

“I urge you to join California Senator Dianne Feinstein in publicly stating
that you will vote yes on the Iran nuclear agreement.”

 *When you’ve made your call, please report it here:*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/dem-senator-iran-deal-call-in*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2%2FmMKoWDCyt0xgFDaxAq3MY772He6i8t&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fact%2Fdem-senator-iran-deal-call-in>

If you haven’t signed our petition to Democrats in support of the deal, *you
can do that here:*

*http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/stopwarwithiran*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rlOK7g2FvSuPBGvlGwGu%2FcY772He6i8t&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fact%2Fstopwarwithiran>

Thanks for all you do to defend diplomacy and prevent war,

Robert Naiman, Megan Iorio, and Avram Reisman
Just Foreign Policy

*Help fund our work with a $15 tax-deductible donation.*
We're funded by people like you, so if you value what we do, help us keep
it going with a $15 tax-deductible donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5Z39Vgh6OfZvfbJ%2BjcNbTsY772He6i8t&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fdonate>