[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Senate Bill 1761

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:12:34 EDT 2015

CGE, another of your conceited refusals to answer questions, to plug your
mantra on any eMail or media wave you can.

You proudly represent only yourself, surrounded by look likes who echo your
words. You presume to represent other people, Palestinians living in the
State of Israel, while you have NOT attempted to communicate with those
people, asking for their concerns and projects. As an American Uncle Carl,
you want to invest/divest your own good upon them, never mind what they
say, want, and do.  You have been reducing Palestinians and Israelis to a
financial transaction.

Illinois legislator Carol Ammons spoke with us on April 30, manifesting
 acute attention to our concerns, ongoing projects, hard working on
representing C-U and Illinois. I commend Carol for her work and efforts.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 9:59 PM, C. G. Estabrook <carl at newsfromneptune.com>
wrote:
> As an American, I am concerned with the policies of the US government,
“the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today,” as M. L. King said.

> In the last 50 years, US presidents (very much including the incumbent)
have killed, wounded and made homeless well over 20 million human beings,
mostly civilians.

> US policies include support for the government of the settler-colonial
state of Israel, because for most of that 50 years Israel has acted as a
“stationary aircraft carrier” for the US in its military attempts to
control Mideast energy resources, which "gives it indirect but politically
critical leverage on the European and Asian economies that are also
dependent on energy exports from the region” (Zbigniew Brzezinski).

> The US government therefore officially disapproves but actually
acquiesces in Israel’s policies in its (illegally) Occupied Territories,
which "are far worse than [South Africa’s] apartheid” (N. Chomsky). Those
policies should be opposed with effective tactics, and ended.