[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] "Telling people what the state believes"

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Thu May 21 19:07:17 EDT 2015

[replying to all this time]

Dave, [replying to All this time]

Yes, I'd be very interested in meeting with Carol some time about this.   I
hadn't contacted her about it (partly from having been out of town and
distracted, and partly because like you I didn't imagine that it would come
up in the House so quickly).   To others who did speak to her office, good
for you.

Though of course glad that Carol didn't vote Yes on this, I wish she had
voted No.   Even if she didn't want to argue on the question of boycotting
Israeli settlement products, or of confounding Israel proper with the
territories it is occupying, she could have used the ACLU's judgement that
an anti-boycott law like this is an unconstitutional restriction of free
speech.    This was a bad move, and I'd like to let her know I think so,
and to ask about her thinking in taking it.

    Stuart