[Peace-discuss] FW: Locked out Workers standing strong 29 days with no work, no insurance, no unemployment!!!

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 14:49:57 EST 2015

Central Illinois Jobs with Justice and The World Labor Hour is asking for
your help to assist the locked out Clifford and Jacobs Workers in Champaign
Illinois.

PLEASE send whatever you can to ;

Central Illinois Jobs With Justice

C/O SEIU 73

1606 Willow View #2A

Urbana IL 61802

Please write on the check you send ; " Locked Out Workers "

Thank you for your help !

In Solidarity

David Johnson

World Labor Hour Radio

Champaign, Illinois

And the Facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/CentralIlJwJ?fref=ts

Clifford-Jacobs workers locked out in Champaign Illinois

Standing strong 29 days with no work, no insurance, no unemployment!!!

<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153754068043833&set=a.10150727046
408833.460132.577353832&type=3> Description: Description: Ricky Baldwin's
photo.

<http://static.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/lightbox_800_600_
scale/images/2015/09/29/20150929-172522-pic-414341106.jpg> Description:

*
<http://static.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/lightbox_800_600_
scale/images/2015/09/29/20150929_080947.jpg> Description: Description:
Clifford-Jacobs picket
*
<http://static.news-gazette.com/sites/all/files/imagecache/lightbox_800_600_
scale/images/2015/09/29/0930_LOCA_Lockout_copy.jpg> Description:
<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153754329398833&set=a.10150727046
408833.460132.577353832&type=3> Description: Description: Ricky Baldwin's
photo.

CHAMPAIGN - Seventy workers at Clifford-Jacobs Forging were locked out of
their jobs when they reported to work Tuesday Sept. 29th  amid stalled
contract negotiations with the Canadian-owned company.

The employees, members of three different unions - the International
Brotherhood of Electrical Workers; International Brotherhood of
Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders, Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers; and
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers - said they
rejected a company offer that included no wage increases for four years,
plus reduced company health insurance and pension contributions.

"We are not on strike," said Ron Stanley, business manager with Machinists'
union, which represents 19 union workers at the plant. "We were in
negotiations with the company. We voted down their last, best and final
(offer).

"We had strike authorization but we chose to go back to work and the company
is not allowing us back in."

Union members said the company had pleaded difficult economic conditions
during negotiations.

Stanley, the business manager for the Machinists, declined to say what the
company's latest contract offer was, but said "there are some proposals we
are worried about," including the elimination of union jobs.

"They want costs savings, that's what they've told us," he said.

Clifford-Jacobs, which was founded in Urbana by two local partners, has been
located north of Champaign since 1923. The company now is owned by the IMT
Forge Group, based in Ontario, Canada.

The company makes steel forgings for Caterpillar, FMC, Mueller and the
aerospace industry.

Informational pickets were set up outside the plant gates Tuesday, and other
labor unions in the area said they would help with the demonstrations.

Stanley said the union members hoped to resume bargaining, although he
didn't say when.

"Eventually I guess we're going to talk," he said.