[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [Peace] thanks and save the date

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:35:12 EDT 2015

Dear Peace Discuss,

First: I stand with the locked out workers at Clifford-Jacobs Forging in
Champaign. They are from 3 different unions:
* International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local #601,
* International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders,
Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers, Local #1626 and
* International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local #431.

Clifford-Jacobs is a world-class leader in the closed die forging of parts
for a wide variety of commercial, industrial, military, oil and gas,
aerospace and mining applications.

Second: Now that we know that the military industry is indeed in our own
backyard, we can ask the United States government to STOP building up the
military industry. We would rather have these guys building windmill parts
than Apache helicopter propellers!

-karen medina