[Peace-discuss] 3rd meeting of the AWARE group reading Naomi & Francis - tonight (before the Cubs' game)

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Oct 7 17:39:58 EDT 2015

The AWARE reading group will have their third meeting of the fall tonight,
Wednesday,  October 7, at 6pm at 5 Litchfield Lane, Champaign.

We’ll talk about the following two texts:

~ "This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate” (2014) by Naomi Klein; and
~ "Laudato si': On care for our common home” (2015) by Francis, bishop of Rome -

specifically, "Part Two: Magical Thinking” of Klein’s book, and paragraphs 84-162 (the middle third) of “Laudato si’."

Members and friends of AWARE are invited to attend and participate in the discussion (or listen silently, if you wish).

Klein’s book is in the bookstores and libraries, and the pope’s encyclical is available in its entirety in several places online, e.g.
<http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html>.

And we’ll put the Cubs’ game on at 7pm.  —CGE