[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Awareness of U.S. war-making, 2015.39

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Tue Sep 29 21:45:21 EDT 2015

The US military from WWII has relied on aircraft carriers rather than battleships.

The US has ten in service and two in reserve; no other nation has more than two (and the only countries that have two are - remarkably enough - Italy and India!)

Some argue that recent advances in missile technology by Russia and China have actually made carriers obsolete - they’d be destroyed by missiles at the outset of hostilities.

It does seem that the US military doctrine of "full spectrum dominance” nevertheless relies primarily on aircraft and now drones - which is why the 1,000 US bases (around the perimeter of Eurasia) are so important (and should be opposed).

—CGE